MCHW, is an incorporated society and charitable trust and as such is a not for profit organisation. Our school is run solely for the benefit of our community. We aim for our income to just cover the costs of running the school and if we make any surplus during any given year this is reinvested in the school. Our main income source is from MOE funding and parent fees.
The trust is governed by a Board of Trustees.The board of trustees delegates the day to day management of the school to the Managing Teacher. The board meets once a month and it’s primary functions are:
- To establish and review the school’s philosophy and define it’s fundamental objectives and core values
- To establish and review policies under which the school will operate,
- To select a management team to translate the school’s mission and objectives into day-to-day operation,
- To oversee the on-going operation of the school within board policy and government regulations, and
- To look to the future and plan for long-term growth and development.